Mother's Influence on famous people


1. "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."- Abraham Lincoln


2."My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."- George Washington


3."There never was a woman like her. She was gentle as a dove and brave as a lioness... The memory of my mother and her teachings were, after all, the only capital I had to start life with, and on that capital I have made my way."- Andrew Jackson


4."My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier you'll be a general; if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope." Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."- Pablo Picasso


5."My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back."- Denzel Washington


6."The noblest calling in the world is that of mother. True motherhood is the most beautiful of all arts, the greatest of all professions. She who can paint a masterpiece or who can write a book that will influence millions deserves the plaudits and admiration of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters whose immortal souls will be exerting an influence throughout the ages long after painting shall have faded, and books and statues shall have been destroyed, deserves the highest honor that man can give."- David O. McKay


7."It seems to me that my mother was the most splendid woman I ever knew... I have met a lot of people knocking around the world since, but I have never met a more thoroughly refined woman than my mother. If I have amounted to anything, it will be due to her."- Charles Chaplin


8."The future destiny of a child is always the work of the mother."- Napoleon Bonaparte


9."The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."- Henry Ward Beecher


10."An ounce of mother is worth a ton of priest."- Spanish proverb

Comments